Donald Trump is set to take office on January 20, but thanks to what Barack Obama just did, he may not be able to work in the Oval Office for over a year.
Daily Mail reported that former George W. Bush advisor Karl Rove revealed Wednesday that major security upgrades are planned for the Oval Office that could leave it out of commission for up to one year.
If this happens, Trump may need to begin his term working out of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building across the street, where President Richard Nixon made some of his infamous White House recordings.
“My understanding is that for the first year of his time in office, President Trump will not have the Oval Office,” Rove said.
“President Obama could have told the Secret Service, ‘I know you want to modernize the Oval Office with security enhancements – literally strip it down to the bare walls and build it back up so we’ve got bullet proof glass and so forth and so on, security arrangements in it, in my last year in office.’”
“But Instead he said, ‘Why don’t you do that [with] whoever comes next so the president of the United States, President Trump, my understanding is, will spend most of his first year using Richard Nixon’s old office in the Old Executive Office Building across executive drive and up the Navy steps,’” Rove said.
Oh, how typical…
This would prove once again just how selfish Obama really is.